Wednesday, June 12, 2024

An AFFRONT on SPIRIT

 

John 1:1-5

King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, 

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; 

and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; 

and the darkness comprehended it not.


Any obsession with how JESUS looks like, is an affront on His SPIRIT.

Why does it matter what the LORD looks like?

Is that how He wants you to follow Him?

That you base it on His beauty, and not His TRUTH?

That you focus on His face, and not His gospel?

That you be like the world, focused on vanity?


Satan has perverted GOD's truth so much.

Because the enemy delighted in his own beauty, he wants you to be the same.

That he may corrupt you, as he is corrupted.

He wants you to be so caught up in self, and beauty.

The idea being, you forget GOD.


Thing is, JESUS challenged that idea of beauty.

We did say GOD has quirky ways.

Just because He is King doesn't mean He comes in kingly robes.

Just because He is High Priest, doesn't mean He comes in priestly robes.

JESUS came in the humblest form possible.

Isaiah 53:2

King James Version

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, 

and as a root out of a dry ground: 

he hath no form nor comeliness; 

and when we shall see him, 

there is no beauty that we should desire him.


The world wants to know how JESUS looks like.

Scripture already told us.

But no, the world wants more.

Thus, the films, tv series, movie stars, world support, funding.

We realize people hunger for the LORD.

Can't they find JESUS in the Bible?

Doesn't the WORD of GOD stand on its own merits?

Isn't Scripture sufficient?

Does it need heavy marketing?

Or sophisticated marketing methods?

Doesn't the SPIRIT of the LORD suffice?

The HOLY SPIRIT teaches us EVERYTHING about JESUS:

John 14:26 

King James Version

26 But the Comforter, 

which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name, 

he shall teach you all things, 

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 15:26 

King James Version

26 But when the Comforter is come, 

whom I will send unto you from the Father, 

even the Spirit of truth, 

which proceedeth from the Father, 

he shall testify of me:


Best of all, quirkiest of all, most delightful of all?

Our ULTIMATE TEACHER is "invisible".

Now, that will bog more minds.

John 14:16-17 

King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, 

and he shall give you another Comforter, 

that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; 

whom the world cannot receive, 

because it seeth him not, 

neither knoweth him: 

but ye know him; 

for he dwelleth with you, 

and shall be in you.


John 20:29

King James Version

29 Jesus saith unto him, 

Thomas, because thou hast seen me, 

thou hast believed: 

blessed are they that have not seen, 

and yet have believed.


That's the real test for believers.

Hebrews 11:1

King James Version

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, 

the evidence of things not seen.


How can we accurately depict the LORD?

The Bible speaks of GOD's ways :

Isaiah 55:8-9

King James Version

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 

neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.


John 8:23

King James Version

23 And he said unto them, 

Ye are from beneath; I am from above: 

ye are of this world; I am not of this world.


Focus not on movies.

Or on tv series.

Which try to depict CHRIST.

In all its inaccuracy.

Rather, focus on GOD's WORD.

Which tells us not to focus on self, and image.

1 Samuel 16:7

King James Version

7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, 

Look not on his countenance, 

or on the height of his stature; 

because I have refused him: 

for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; 

for man looketh on the outward appearance, 

but the Lord looketh on the heart.


Let us follow the example JESUS showed.

By being "nothing", and yet being EVERYTHING.

Dying on the cross, for all of us.

Caring only for the FATHER.

Being true to the FATHER.

Following the will of the FATHER.

John 6:38

King James Version

38 For I came down from heaven, 

not to do mine own will, 

but the will of him that sent me.


John 17:4

King James Version

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: 

I have finished the work 

which thou gavest me to do.


John 17:6-8

King James Version

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men 

which thou gavest me out of the world: 

thine they were, and thou gavest them me; 

and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things 

whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them 

the words which thou gavest me; 

and they have received them, 

and have known surely that I came out from thee, 

and they have believed that thou didst send me.


John 17:12

King James Version

12 While I was with them in the world, 

I kept them in thy name: 

those that thou gavest me I have kept, 

and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; 

that the scripture might be fulfilled.


John 17:14

King James Version

14 I have given them thy word; 

and the world hath hated them, 

because they are not of the world, 

even as I am not of the world.


John 17:21-23

King James Version

21 That they all may be one; 

as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, 

that they also may be one in us: 

that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me 

I have given them; 

that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, 

that they may be made perfect in one; 

and that the world may know 

that thou hast sent me, 

and hast loved them, 

as thou hast loved me.


If you want to know how GOD looked, look to His SON.

JESUS was the FACE of the FATHER.

John 14:9

King James Version

9 Jesus saith unto him, 

Have I been so long time with you, 

and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? 

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; 

and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?


As the world continues to obsess with face, form, and fame, JESUS gave us SPIRIT.

That we may veer away from the former, and focus on the latter.

More than ever, there was no face, or form, to connect GOD with.

How can it?

John 4:24

King James Version

24 God is a Spirit: 

and they that worship him 

must worship him in spirit 

and in truth.


That's why we need to be BORN AGAIN.

That we may be "born of the Spirit", and understand Scripture:

John 3:5-8

King James Version

5 Jesus answered, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, 

he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; 

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, 

Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, 

and thou hearest the sound thereof, 

but canst not tell whence it cometh, 

and whither it goeth: 

so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


Even the LORD's apostles didn't primp.

They have no need to do so.

It is an affront on GOD's SPIRIT.

There was no taking away from the message --

The GOSPEL of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.


It was never about self.

Or looks.

Or anything of this world.

It was always about believing in JESUS.

Following the path He paved.

Repenting of our sins.

And giving all GLORY to GOD.

Let us not continue to grieve the HOLY SPIRIT.

Ephesians 4:30

King James Version

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, 

whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.


Related material:

FREE of distraction

KNOW the world

On vanity

JESUS

WORD of GOD

On LOVING GOD

BORN AGAIN articles


Image: Free Bible Images


AMERICA in DANGER

 2 Kings 9:22 King James Version 22 And it came to pass,  when Joram saw Jehu, that he said,  Is it peace, Jehu?  And he answered,  What pea...